Youth Leaders: Register your group now!
And walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:2
Youth Spectacular: Walking in the Way of Love is our local Church’s major annual gathering for and with youth. This is an excellent opportunity for all the youth in our Archdiocese to encounter Christ and grow in faith through a fun-filled day of interactive activities, prayer, worship, and teaching. With this year’s theme Walking in the Way of Love, teens will be encouraged to march ahead empowered by Christ’s love, ready to face life’s challenges.
Youth Spectacular 2020: Walking in the Way of Love
Saturday, March 21, 2020
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. | St. Mary’s University
(1 Camino Santa Maria St., San Antonio TX 78228 -- Directions)
Sign language interpretation provided.
Fr. Agustino Torres, CFR, Keynote Speaker
Originally from South Texas, Fr. Agustino Torres, C.F.R. has been working in active ministry within the Church mostly with youth, the poor and the pro-life movement. He entered the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal in 1999 and now serves as a member of the General Counsel for his community. He studied Pope St. John Paul II’s theology of culture under Avery Cardinal Dulles and graduated from St. Joseph Seminary. He has been a part of founding various apostolates around the world. He is the founder of Corazon Puro and Latinos Por la Vida, organizations dedicated to awakening and accompanying young leaders in areas of great need.
The term rubato is an Italian word that means borrowed time. In music, a performer will use rubato to slow down or speed up the tempo for expressivity. Essentially, rubato is a give-and-take relationship that the performer has with the speed of the music–similar to our relationship with Christ. Five UTSA students combined their musical talents and thus the band RVBATO was born. The “V” in replacement of the “u” is representative of the band’s 5 original members. Over the years the band has grown to 9 band members that include current UTSA students and alumni. During the last few years, they have been blessed with many opportunities to help lead others and lift up prayers with the gift of music.
Introducing the Kelly Vazquez Youth Ministry Award
Do you know a youth ministry leader who has demonstrated outstanding leadership and excellence in serving youth? Nominate him or her to receive the Kelly Vazquez Youth Ministry Award! The winner of the award will be recognized during the Youth Spectacular and will receive 4 complementary tickets to the event. In addition, the winner will receive a $250 prize to be used towards a professional ministerial development resource or event of their choice.
The deadline for all nominations to be received is February 17. For guidelines and additional details, click here.
How to Register for Youth Spectacular
• Youth must be registered by a youth minister.
• Youth minister or parish/school youth leader: Download and print copies of the Registration Form and have each guardian or parent fill out the paper form prior to registering youth online. The PDF Registration Form can also be filled electronically and emailed to you, if this is easier for your group. Once the forms are complete, register each youth online with the information given to you in your PDF or printed registration forms.
• The PDF Registration Forms do not need to be returned to the Archdiocese. These forms are for your use only.
Notes and Reminders
• Payment must be received prior to entry.
• Every youth must be supervised by a parent or chaperone.
• Encourage your youth to bring refillable water bottles. Water will be given out in the afternoon. There will be no concession stands open on Saturday.
Questions or Comments?
Juan Carlos Carreno, Jr.