Young Adult Ministry
In the Archdiocese of San Antonio, the Secretariat for Mission serves ministers, communities, and young adults to meet the pastoral needs of those 18 to 39, singles and couples, in the Archdiocese of San Antonio. The needs and gifts of young adults are varied, so ministering with them requires a variety of strategies and approaches that match the needs and gifts of communities. Our efforts for and with young adults are rooted in connecting them to Jesus and the Church, calling them to live the Church's mission in communion with their peers and the wider Church, while finding ways to answer God’s call to place one’s gifts at the service of others.
This is accomplished by:
• Creating and/or hosting events and initiatives that help young adults encounter and grow closer to Jesus Christ, the Church, as well as their peers in a vibrant community of faith through spiritual formation, service and fellowship opportunities.
• Building bridges of community, collaboration and lasting friendships among young adults
• Assisting new parish young adult groups with their startup processes or the revitalizing of existing groups
• Supporting the young adult events provided throughout our Archdiocese by other Catholic agencies and providing a forum for the sharing of these events
Theology on Tap
At Theology on Tap every 4th Thursday of the month at 7 PM, young adults gather at Blue Star Brewing Company (Directions) to hear a dynamic presentation on relevant Catholic topics and issues in an informal environment.
• January 24, 2019: Presented by Peter J. Ductrám; Topic: The crisis in the Church-How do we face it? The method of communal discernment
• February 28, 2019: Presented by Thomas Awiapo
• March 28, 2019: Presented by Bishop Mike Boulette
• April: Fiesta Break (No TOT this month)
• May 30, 2019: Presenter TBA
• June 27, 2019: Presented by Dr. Arturo Chavez
• July 25, 2019: Presenter TBA
• August 29, 2019: Presented by Dr. Larry Hufford
Worship on the River
Worship on the River is an opportunity for young adults to meet for adoration, confession and fellowship every 3rd Tuesday of the Month at St. Joseph's Catholic Church Downtown (Directions).
• January 15, 2019
• February 19, 2019
• March 19, 2019
• April 16, 2019