School Demographics and Achievements
- 40 Schools in San Antonio neighborhoods and surrounding areas.
- 30 elementary
- 9 secondary
- More than 12,000 students.
- Catholic Schools in Texas provide more than $74.8 million in taxpayer savings annually.
Student Demographics and Achievements
- 12% of Catholic school students are not Catholic.
- The elementary school student attendance rate is 97%. The high school student attendance rate is 95%.
- 99% of Catholic secondary school students graduate from high school.
- 97% of Catholic supported elementary schools offer extended day programs.
- 98% of Catholic elementary schools have kindergarten and 91% have preschools.
- 99% of Catholic School graduates go on to college.
- 45% of Catholic school students graduate college in 4 years, compared to only 21% of public school students, according to a University of Notre Dame study.
- All of the San Antonio Catholic High Schools offer from 3 to 24 hours in dual credit courses.
Class of 2014 Graduation Statistics
- 741 HS Graduates in 2014
- $70,166,877 in Scholarships and Grants:
- 7 National Merit Scholars:
- 3 National Merit Semifinalist
- 34 National Hispanic Scholars
- 14 National Merit Commended Scholars
- 3 National Achievement Scholars
- 30 Advanced Placement Scholars
- 9 Baumberger Scholars
- 76 Presidents Awards for Academic Excellence
- 106 Presidents Awards for Academic Achievement
- 105,130 Total Hours of Community Service performed by the Class of 2014
- 99.8% 2014 Graduation Rate
- 99.7 % Percentage of Graduates entering College/University/Technical School
- 1,426 Total Dual Credit Hours for Class of 2014
- 96.5% Average Daily Attendance
- 15:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
Accepted colleges include: University of Notre Dame, Boston College, American University, Vanderbilt University, University of Texas at Austin, Texas A&M, St. Mary’s University, University of the Incarnate Word, Our Lady of the Lake University, St. Edwards University, Purdue University, Oklahoma State University, Southern Methodist University, Trinity University, Baylor University, Rice University and many more.
US Military Academy at West Point:1
US Naval Academy: 1