|A Gift to the Living from the Living |
Know the Facts
The death of a loved one is a tragedy every household experiences
Most families will find themselves poorly prepared to deal with the problems, indecisions, and costs a death forces on them.
The decision to prearrange your cemetery or funeral needs today is very economically sound, although the strongest reasons to prearrange are love and peace of mind.
Benefits of Prearrangement
A husband and wife can share their choices and decide together, therefore saving loved ones headache, expense and inconvenience at the time of death.
On a prearrangement basis, a family burial estate and/or funeral merchandise can be selected by all family members, thus guaranteeing everyone's satisfaction.
- Price Freezing
Based on the last five decades, we know the cost of cemetery and funeral arrangements will continue to increase. Prearrangement allows the costs to be frozen at today's prices.
- Conserves Insurance
Life insurance is for the living, not the deceased. Most life insurance is purchased to allow a family time to adjust to the loss of income that a death causes. If prearrangements are not made, a large amount of insurance proceeds can be spent on cemetery and funeral items adding financial burdens to loved ones left behind.
Funeral and memorialization costs are expenses every individual must plan to pay. These needs can be met today out of current income through budget payments. Payment at the time of death is traditionally made on a cash basis.
- Peace of Mind
When a death occurs in any family or among friends, the grief is tremendous and the healing time very long. Prearrangement will have a positive impact on your family and friends simply because you have made your own decision. This peace of mind provides benefits far beyond the dollars spent.
You have only two choices
Now that you understand the facts and benefits of prearrangements, you have an important decision to make.
- You can prearrange your family estate before death enters your home.
- You can wait until death forces you to make cemetery and funeral arrangements.
If you choose the path of prearrangement, we as prearrangement counselors stand ready to assist you in any way possible.
Please feel free to contact or visit us.
We would rather see you both now, then to have death force one of you to see us alone on the worst day of your life!
Consider the religious significance and the sacramental nature of your decision to use your Catholic Cemetery:
Time flies - Prepare now for a need that is certain.
- The religious environment of the Catholic Church testifies to the history and value of our Faith Community.
- In providing a consecrated place of burial, even in death we treat the body with dignity.
- Religious celebrations in the Catholic Cemeteries affirm our belief that prayer and sacrifice on behalf of our loved ones is worth while.
- There are many practical aspects to the selection of the Catholic Cemetery for burial or entombment:
- Because Catholic Cemeteries have a religious orientation, they offer comparable services at lower costs.
- Because Catholic Cemeteries are Church-owned, they guarantee care that exceeds simple endowment.
- Because the endowment is held in trust by the Archdiocese, it enables the Church to engage in the care of the poor and disenfranchised.
Think about it! There are only two ways to make cemetery arrangements:
- Why Before Need?
- To discharge a family obligation
- Choicest locations available now
- Finances not impaired by sickness
- Judgment not impaired by sorrow
- Avoid mistakes made in haste
Together-Before the Need
Alone-At the Time of a Death
- All family members contribute to the decision- no grief, emotion, or sense of urgency involved.
- Widest selection of sites and ability to locate as a family is insured.
- Current prices and the time available to consider the options.
- Monthly payments which may be made out of current income.
Which way makes more sense to you? Today we have a choice - Tomorrow, we may not.Pre-Arrangement is a profession of Faith.
- Survivor decides ALONE, trying to do what is right, but in a grief stricken, confused, emotional state of mind.
- There is a more limited selection due to the ongoing sale of spaces over the years.
- Inflation-increased prices, and a MUST BE MADE NOW DECISION!
- Cash or short term financing out of limited funds with an uncertain financial future.
- The many decisions and arrangements which must be made restrict the time available for family.
The hard reality of death is viewed in the context of the promise of Jesus that we are destined for eternal life.
What opportunity will you have to find meaningful support from the liturgical rites offered by your faith?
Pre-Arrangement of a memorial estate is saving, not spending.
The deed to your family memorial estate is the equivalent of a paid up life insurance policy.
Statistics indicate that:
There are at least fifty decisions that must be made at the time of a death. Many of these cannot be arranged in advance of need.
Included in these decisions, with the introduction of the Order of Christian Funerals, will be the selection of the type of funeral service that most satisfies the needs of your family; the opportunities will be present to involve yourself in the planning of those ceremonies.
Cemetery arrangements can be made in advance. If left until the time of death, however, these arrangements will be made alone by women and children 67% of the time.