A roundup of archdiocesan news regarding Catholic organizations and events impacted by Hurricane
August 25, 2017 | posted by Archdiocese of San Antonio
A roundup of archdiocesan news regarding Catholic organizations and events impacted by Hurricane Harvey
SAN ANTONIO FC MATCH SATURDAY POSTPONED DUE TO HURRICANE HARVEY
Rescheduled Game vs. Portland Timbers 2 to be Played October 11
For the safety of the fans and both teams, the San Antonio FC match originally slated for Saturday, Aug. 26, at Toyota Field will be rescheduled due to inclement weather caused by Hurricane Harvey. The new date for the game vs. Portland Timbers 2 will be Wednesday, Oct. 11, at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets for Saturday’s game will be honored on the rescheduled date. For additional information about tickets for the match, pcall 210.444.5MLS.
UIW closure schedule for Hurricane Harvey
Severe weather is expected in the area due to Hurricane Harvey. The University of the Incarnate Word is actively monitoring the weather conditions. They ask everyone to be cautious and use their best judgement when traveling the roadways.
Consider the current conditions where you are.UIW will be communicating all closures, cancellations and delays on their website at www.uiw.edu/emergency.
Inclement Weather Alert: Closures, Cancellations and Delays
- Updated Fri., Aug. 25 at 6 a.m.
- All Friday evening and Saturday UIW classes are cancelled, all classes all locations.
- The UIW Classic Cardinal Volleyball tournament scheduled for Friday and Saturday has been cancelled
- The Blessing of the Athletes scheduled for Sunday has been postponed. The event will be rescheduled for a later date.
- The Women's Soccer game vs. UTSA scheduled for 7 p.m., on Sunday has been cancelled.
- UIW Part-time faculty meeting scheduled on Saturday, Aug. 26 at the School of Osteopathic Medicine (SOM) is cancelled.
The New Graduate Student and Family Orientation scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 26 is cancelled.
- Cardinal Community Leaders Meeting scheduled for Saturday at the Golf Center is cancelled.
- The Incarnate Word High School Back to School Dance has been postponed until Sept. 9.
- Welcome Week Mass scheduled for Sunday, Aug. 27 has been cancelled.
- The Copsicles event scheduled for Monday, Aug. 28 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Student Engagement Center will be postponed.
- Ribbon Cutting for the Student Engagement Center (SEC) scheduled for Monday, Aug 28 at 10 a.m. is postponed until 4 p.m. The event will be combined with the previously scheduled SEC Blessing event.
Oblate School of Theology closure schedule for Hurricane Harvey
Due to the high potential for severe weather, Oblate School of Theology and the Oblate Renewal Center will close at noon, Friday, Aug. 25, and remain closed through Sunday, Aug 28.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa activities related to Hurricane Harvey
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa is actively taking both pediatric and adult patients from the Corpus Christi area and from its sister CHRISTUS Spohn Hospitals. To handle the patient influx, they have activated additional staff.
As they work through this hurricane emergency, they are asking San Antonio and New Braunfels families, patients, and associates to monitor weather conditions and keep safe.
OLLU San Antonio campus to close at 5 p.m. Friday
In anticipation of the severe weather expected this weekend from Hurricane Harvey, the Our Lady of the Lake University San Antonio campus will close at 5 p.m. today and remain closed through the weekend.
Classes scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 26, will take place online. There will be no face-to-face classes on the campus this weekend. Professors will present class information and assignments through Blackboard – OLLU’s online learning management system.
Additionally, all campus events scheduled on Saturday and Sunday have been cancelled.
The Sister Annie B’s Cafeteria and the Flores Hall Cyber Market will remain open to accommodate on-campus residents.
Throughout the weekend, OLLU administration will continue to monitor the weather and provide additional updates as necessary.