Catechist Certification - RENEWAL
Expiration and Renewal
Level 1 and Level 2 certifications must be renewed every 4 years.
Level 3 and Level 4 certifications must be renewed every 8 years.
10 hours of continuing education credit are required annually after certification.
Continuing education includes workshops & conferences of a religious nature
sponsored by Catholic institutions.
- Oblate School of Theology (https://ost.edu/events/category/continuing-education/)
- My Catholic Faith Delivered (www.mycatholicfaithdelivered.com)
- Catholic Distance University (https://cdu.edu/group-subsidy/#1503088491354-fea4fad1-ba0b)
- St. Mary’s University offers the Catholic Intellectual Tradition lectures (https://www.stmarytx.edu/about/events/speakers-and-lectures/)
- The Catholic Women’s Conference (http://www.pilgrimcenterofhope.org/conferences/cwc/)
- University of the Incarnate Word – please contact the Pastoral Institute for opportunities (www.uiw.edu/hass/pastoral)